On Windows to work with WordPress locally on your computer you can use WAMP. WAMP server is Windows Apache MySQL PHP Server.
1. Download the WordPress.
2. Download the WAMP.
3. Install WAMP. It is recommended to install it in the default
4. To start WAMP server click on the WAMP shortcut or click on the Wamp Icon in System tray and click
Start all Services.
If you have the problems to start the server try the following:
4.1-troubleshoot: If you have installed Skype you must disable
"Use port 80…" to avoid port confusion.
Go to Skype
4.2-troubleshoot: If you have installed IIS (Windows Web Server) you must stop this server.
Start>Run and type
inetmgr and stop it.
5. When you start Wamp server open
Use phpmyadmin to create a database for your WordPress install.
Type the database name (say: wpbase) and click Create.
6. Navigate to
C:\wamp\www and Create a Folder. Name it “wordpress”.
Copy all WordPress Files to that folder:
Open wp-config-sample.php in any Text Editor.
Change the following:
define('DB_NAME', 'wpbase'); //you can set any name define('DB_USER', 'me'); define('DB_PASSWORD', 'pass');
Rename wp-config-sample.php to wp-config.php and save the changes.
7. Open http://localhost/wordpress/wp-admin/install.php to install WordPress.
Enter a Site title, username, password and your email. Press “Install WordPress”
If everything goes according to the plan, you’ll see the Success! screen.
8. To check your site open
9. To work in WP dashboard open
I hope that this will be helpful to someone.